My First Roll of 35mm Film
My first roll of 35mm film...
Canon EOS 30
EF 50mm f/1.8
Ilford HP5
This blog post is slightly overdue (Sorry David), but a couple of weeks ago I was able to develop my first ever roll of 35mm film... or first ever roll of film at that. I would consider myself an "intermediate" photographer in the DSLR world, however, prior to this class I did not know the first thing about analog photography. Already in the little time I've spent shooting 35mm film, I have really gained an appreciation for it and have come to really enjoy it - both shooting the film and the development process. I can already tell that this is something I would like to continue as a hobby beyond this class.
Above is a contact print of my first roll of film. I did not go for any sort of theme with this roll as this was really just a test - A test to make sure I did not get ripped off on this camera I bought from Facebook Marketplace. This roll contains shots of everything from landscapes, to cars, to portraits of friends, to a random house that I was driving by and thought looked interesting. I wouldn't really say any of these shots are stunners, but overall I am happy with the results.
My first attempt at a contact print




Comments
Post a Comment